The Patriarch Charlie Byers was a former Sangamon County Clerk, and decided not to run for re-election in 1933. Instead, he embraced his entrepreneurial spirit and formed what is still today known as Byers Printing Company. While in his former capacity, he realized at that time an underserved niche – serving the clerical supply needs of the county and township governments.
Several generations, and recessions, later the Byers name endures while staying true to its core principles – providing a quality product supported by unsurpassed customer service.
It is because of these principles, Byers gained a solid reputation in the industry as a trusted supplier for 98 counties and hundreds of townships in Illinois.
In 1956 Byers Printing purchased the Journal Printing Company in Springfield, which at the time was one of the largest and most advanced printing operations in Central Illinois. The company moved into their new facility located at 801 E. Adams Street in downtown Springfield, which is illustrated below. This location served as the company headquarters until 1982, at which time a change was made in the direction of the business and the company moved into its temporary facility on Dirksen Parkway in Springfield until their new building was completed.
Today, Byers Printing maintains its roots in Springfield, while benefiting from its centrally located production and warehouse facility.